As a part of the Minnesota State system, Pine Technical and Community College receives funding via the legislative request submitted by Minnesota State.
Minnesota State is the fifth largest system of colleges and universities in the nation with 30 state colleges and universities across the state that serve as an essential resource to students, business, and industry.
In addition to requesting its operating budget, Minnesota State is requesting $178 million in new funding for fiscal years 2018 and 2019.
FY2018-FY2019 Minnesota State Legislative Request
$178 million in new funding over the next biennium
- $143 million to support and protect campuses like Pine Technical and Community College
- $25 million for critical technology replacements impacting Pine Technical and Community College
- $10 million for student incentive grants
To see the Minnesota State FY2018-FY2019 Budget Request, click here.
To see the complete Minnesota State FY2018-FY2019 Legislative Request book, click here.
Impact Of The Minnesota State Legislative Request To Pine Technical and Community College
- Pine Technical and Community College will receive $919,000 of the $143 million supporting and protecting campuses, and an estimated 124 students will be supported by the funding for incentive grants
- A fully funded request will allow us to expand program offerings to students and ensure we have state-of-the-industry technology and equipment available, as well as provide the opportunity to grow new programs to align with changing regional workforce needs.
- Not fully funding this request will cause us to delay new program development necessary for meeting today’s regional workforce needs; further reduce student support services critical for supporting first generation students; limit continuation of leadership role in regional economic development; and result in both a reduction of staff and potential program closures.
To learn more about the impact of the Minnesota State legislative request to Pine Technical and Community College, click here.
2017 Pine Technical and Community College Capital Request
Should any portion of the Minnesota State capital request be funded, Pine Technical and Community College is included for:
- $668,554 in asset preservation (HEAPR)
Extraordinary Reasons To #FUNDMINNESOTASTATE and Pine Technical And Community College
- Pine Technical and Community College is one of 37 state colleges and universities that are part of the Minnesota State system.
- The colleges and universities that make up Minnesota State are home to 54 campuses, which includes Pine Technical and Community College.
- Minnesota State serves 396,000 students annually, and Pine Technical and Community College serves 3,322 of those students.
- Minnesota State serves more students of color, first generation college students, and low-income students, including the 12% of Pine Technical and Community College students who are students of color and the 22% who are Pell eligible.
- Pine Technical and Community College partners with East Central Minnesota Education Cable Cooperative, Wyoming Machine, First Light, Allina Health, Essentia Health Systems and many more businesses and community partners in an effort to make sure we offer the right programs, in the right places, turning out the right number of graduates who are prepared with the necessary knowledge and skills to be successful in the jobs of the future.
See the Minnesota State Extraordinary Facts sheet by clicking here.
Learn More About the Legislative Session and its Impact on Pine Technical and Community College: