The Student Senate is involved and carries out a variety of activities that vary from year to year. Examples of past activities include blood drives, job fairs, sponsorship of the "Welcome Picnic," holiday parties and events and participation/sponsorship of "Movie Nights," etc.
The Student Senate also has sponsored several major contributions to the College including monitors, picnic tables, landscaping, furniture, changing stations, etc.
Any enrolled student paying post-secondary tuition and Student Senate activity fees is eligible for membership.
The following member rights apply:
1. To vote for elective positions of the student government;
2. To hold office, appointive or elective, when meeting the requirements as stated in Article IX;
3. To participate in Pine Technical & Community College activities;
4. To voice opinions on all issues presented to the Pine Technical & Community College Student Senate;
5. To bring forth motions on the floor
PTCC Student Senate helped give back to our community that so generously supports Pine students through the Family Pathways Mobile Food Pantry program by organizing a food drive for the month of March. A goal of 500 items/cash was set and was surpassed by raising over 650 items/cash. Of that 650 over $550 was raised! By partnering with Family Pathways we are building a better community by fighting hunger today!
(l to r) Lief Johnson, Thomas Ferraro Anker, Evan Pallansch, Michael Warner, Zakkariah Rogers
For more information regarding Student Senate, contact Mollyann McCann, Student Senate Advisor, Mollyann.McCann@pine.edu.