Transfer Services

Our friendly and experienced staff are excited to help you transfer to PTCC. PTCC’s Transfer Specialist will work with students on an individual basis to guide them through the process, with the shared goal of transferring in all eligible coursework to a student’s selected program of study.

Getting Started

  1. Complete a PTCC Application
  2. Send official transcripts (high school or college) to PTCC:

    Pine Technical and Community College
    Attn: Records/Transfer
    900 Fourth Street SE
    Pine City, MN 55063

    **Exception: You do NOT need to submit transcripts from other Minnesota State colleges and universities you have attended. PTCC will obtain these for you after your application is processed. This exception does not apply to the University of Minnesota.

  3. PTCC will evaluate official transcripts and students will be notified once transfer work is complete.
  4. Students should review their Degree Audit in e-services. If student has questions or concerns on what was transferred they should make an appointment with the Transfer Specialist.

Appeals Process

Students may appeal transfer decisions through a two-level appeal process.

  1. Initial appeals: Login to e-services, and file an appeal under Transfer Review
  2. Secondary appeals: If not satisfied with the local appeal, students have the right to follow Minnesota State's Transfer Appeal Process

International Transfer

Students transferring credits from an international institution should have transcripts evaluated by one of the organizations listed below.

Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE)
P.O. Box 514070
Milwaukee, WI 53203
Phone: 414.289.3400
Fax: 414.289.3411

World Educational Services (WES)
P.O. Box 745, Old Chelsea Station
New York, NY 10113
Phone: 1.800.937.3895
Fax: 212.739.6100



For more information about transferring credits, visit PTCC's Transfer Information page.

Molly McCann
Transfer Specialist,
320.629.5193 call/text